Part-Time Administrator (Closing Date: Sunday 16th September 2018):
Purbeck Art Weeks Festival (PAW) is a registered charitable arts organisation, which gains its name from its annual visual and performing arts Festival once a year in late May/early June. The Festival celebrates the arts in all its various forms. Through concerts, exhibitions, talks and workshops, it seeks to inspire and support visual and performing artists to achieve their potential, involving people from across the community and encouraging everyone to participate and to enjoy a wide range of the arts.
Beyond the annual Festival, PAW provides a network for its artist members and offers year-round arts activities, some exclusively for its members and its growing body of Festival Friends, as well as other activities which reach out into the community to support and encourage engagement with the arts across the breadth of Purbeck.
PAW is managed by between 6 – 10 Trustees who meet quarterly. Members meetings are also quarterly with the AGM in October. In addition there are three sub groups – the Visual Artists Steering Group (VASG), the Publicity Group, and the Events Group, who meet at other times.
PAW is supported by Friends, Membership and local sponsorship.
Over the years PAW has grown in size, and has now reached the point where it would benefit from a part time Administrator. We (the Trustees) are looking for someone who can help us manage our annual Festival and provide year-round support to our Membership and activities.
- Acting as our first point of contact (via email, FB, phone)
- Taking and writing up minutes of quarterly Trustee and Members meetings, and Visual Artists Steering Group (VASG) and Publicity Group meetings
- Sending out mail chimps on behalf of Trustees, and VASG and Events Groups
- Compiling and sending out an annual Christmas newsletter
- Posting on PAW FB and Visual Artists Forum (a closed group FB for members only)
- Website updates as requested
- Coordinating advert sales in the festival brochure and events programme
- Coordinating Bursary applications
- Supporting Members workshops (eg sending out communications)
- Supporting Events that take place outside the Festival period
You will report to the Chair (Charlotte Heath) – but on a day to day basis you will need to liaise with the relevant Trustee.
- Proven social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram) and web skills
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Good organisational skills
- Good data management skills
- Good IT skills
- Good time management skills
- Able to work on your own and as part of a team
- Enjoys the arts and working with people
Around 100 days spread over the year.
The bulk of the work takes place over 6 months between January 1st – June 31st. The rest is on a flexible basis. The PAW year starts with the first quarterly Trustee meeting and AGM in October – and ends with the post Festival Wash Up Trustee and Members quarterly in July.
This could amount to a maximum 1 day a week between July – October, then around 2 days a week between October and January, and around 3 days a week from January to the end of June. For clarification 1 day = 8 hours including a break. The post holder will need to be flexible and spread the hours worked over the week rather than all on one day.
The job may suit someone who would like to work largely from home.
The work will be commissioned on a fixed fee basis (honorarium) of £8,000 with expenses to be agreed.
The deadline for applications is Sunday September 16th
Your application should include:
- a statement about why you would like the job
- why you think you are suitable for the job
- an up to date CV
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will invite a short list of candidates for interview as soon as possible after the closing date. You are likely to be interviewed by at least two Trustees.
The successful candidate will be expected to start work around mid October in time to attend our quarterly Trustee meeting Oct 19th and AGM with Members on Oct 21st. This is the ideal time to meet Trustees and Members, and to get to know what we do and what is being planned for 2019.
Please Click Here to download a copy of the Job Description and Application Process.