Open Studios, internationally renowned music ensembles, inspiring exhibitions, and fascinating talks come together for this year’s Purbeck Art Weeks Festival.
Our annual celebration of the arts takes place in beautiful venues across Purbeck on the stunning Jurassic coast – a magnet for over a century for artists and those who love the beauty and character of this part of Dorset. You will find:
- A wide range of artists’ Open Studios displaying a wealth of diverse talent – painters, printmakers, sculptors, wood and glass workers, jewellery, graphics and more.
- Top quality concerts in historic churches. The Gabrieli Consort opens the Festival with magnificent programme of choral music from the four 20th Century Coronations.
- A celebration of art and creativity by hundreds of local children from 17 schools across Purbeck, and a concert by our talented young musicians.
- An eclectic and inspiring collective exhibition in the magnificent Rollington Barn by over 100 PAW artists. This is a good place to start – with delicious refreshments in the Courtyard Café.
- Talks by experts on the painter Arthur Meade, and the art of illustrating and writing for children.
- The film Prospero’s Books by Peter Greenaway in Wareham’s historic Rex Cinema.
- Come and join in the fun – get sketching in your own PAW sketch book, even win our Grand Raffle for a £250 voucher for art work of your choice.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Tickets for PAW Festival events are on sale here.
For further information on all we have to offer enjoy browsing on this website, pick up your free Brochure at venues across Purbeck and look out for our more detailed Events Programme (£2).
If you would like to receive information about our Festivals in advance please click here. If you would like to become a Friend and enjoy priority booking for our events and for our winter series of Chamber Music in Purbeck Houses, please click here.
Read what our musicians, artists and visitors said about last year’s PAW Festival.
Paul McCreesh, Director Gabrieli consort & players, said ‘I have to say PAW is always a much loved engagement. Wonderful music, great artists, a real sense of community; and all in some of England’s most stunning countryside!’
An appreciative audience member, said ‘What a treat to have all three composers introduce their works to be played by such talented musicians’, another said ‘I love the musical repertoire and quality of performers’
Marion, a PAW artist, said ‘It was exciting to hear from visitors that they understood my work as I had intended it to be. The feedback was invaluable for me as a newbie’
An art loving visitor said ‘There were so many diverse artists to see – it felt like a Treasure hunt’, another said ‘I find it inspirational and it gets me looking at an area I like in a different light’.