Open Studios, internationally renowned music ensembles, inspiring exhibitions, and fascinating talks come together every year in beautiful venues across Purbeck on the stunning Jurassic coast. This years Festival is in full swing: with only another week to go there is still so much to enjoy!
You will find:
- A wide range of artists’ Open Studios displaying a wealth of diverse talent – painters, printmakers, sculptors, wood and glass workers, jewellery makers, ceramicists, those who defy categorisation, and more.
- Top quality concerts in historic churches, also a talk and film. Book tickets now for:
- Recital by Mark Chambers (countertenor) with lute and cornett on Friday May 31st,
- Vocal ensemble I Fagiolini’s celebration of Leonardo da Vinci on Saturday June 1st
- English Cornett and Sackbut Ensemble with Flights of Fancy on Sunday June 9th
- Film Prospero’s Books by Peter Greenaway in Wareham’s historic Rex Cinema on June 5th.
- A talk on the art of illustrating and writing for children on Thursday June 6th.
- Our eclectic and inspiring group exhibition in the magnificent Rollington Barn is showing the work of over 100 PAW artists. This is a good place to start – with delicious refreshments in the Courtyard Café. The adjacent Byre houses a celebration of art and creativity by hundreds of local children from 17 schools across Purbeck. Pop up lunchtime gigs are written up on the Barn door.
- Come and join in the fun – get sketching in your own PAW sketch book, even win our Grand Raffle for a £250 voucher for art work of your choice.
We look forward to welcoming you!
What people have said so far:
‘Superb concert. Just wanted more!’
‘PAW is such a warm, welcoming, community event, with lovely people, a good atmosphere and in a beautiful place’.
‘Rollington is definitely worth a visit, wonderful varied locally crafted artwork and yummy food’
‘Fabulous and inspiring work’
For further information enjoy browsing on this website, pick up your free Brochure at venues across Purbeck and look out for our more detailed Events Programme (£2).
If you would like to receive information about our Festivals in advance please click here. If you would like to become a Friend and enjoy priority booking for our events and for our winter series of Chamber Music in Purbeck Houses, please click here.